Steve Seymour in action against Footscray earlier this season
This weekends match against Casey-South Melbourne will see Stephen Seymour play his 200th first grade game for Prahran.
In doing so he will become only the 7th player in the club's 138 year history to achieve the milestone behind a bevy of club Legends and Hall of Famers: Neil Schlittler (233), Bruce Murray (229), Dav Whatmore (221), Andrew Grant (209), RS Stephens (204) and Bryce McGain (204).
He is also in elite company in the ranks of the all-rounders who have achieved the treble of 200 games, 3000 runs and 200 wickets. Only Bruce Murray (428 wkts and 5126 runs) and Sam Loxton (323 wkts and 5246 runs) have done better.
Since his debut at the club in 2003/04 Steve has played 14 seasons in the Firsts and accumulated a host of achievements along the way. He is widely respected by all who have played with him and has always led from the front.
Congratulations Steve, an outstanding career so far and one that all players, friends and supporters of the club hope will continue into the future.
Get down to Toorak Park this Saturday and support Steve and the Firsts as they take on Casey-South Melbourne in a rescheduled one-day match, commencing at 11:00am.
And don't miss a hilarious 'This is your life" edition of the Prahran Podcast with Moz and Pikey in which special guests including Huss, Dimi, Buck, Waldo, Coatsey and Bolf reminisce about Skins.
Facts and figures
- 7th player in club history to play 200 games
- currently 17th on the list of all-time run scorers with 3707 runs
- currently 13th on the list of all-time wicket takers with his 231 wickets
- holds the club 7th wicket partnership record of 234 - Seymour (137 no) and Sam Coates (114 no) v Essendon in 2008/09
- holds the club 8th wicket partnership record of 222 - Seymour (160 no) and Sam Coates (81) v Hawthorn-Monash University in 2007/08
- two-time winner of the DWN Jukes Medal for Club Champion
- four-time winner of the Dav What're Medal for First Eleven Champion
- 29 matches as club captain
Career Statistics to-date
|Highest Score||160 no|